Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valentine's Day Cards 2011

M and I made her Valentine's Day cards for her class this week. It was pretty labor intensive if you ask me. Lots of steps, but I think they came out AMAZING! She was really excited about the whole process and was happy to do them.

Here is our process in photos. This took 3 separate days to finish - yes, she is only in Pre-K - yes, I could have just bought those pre-made character v-day cards. I am just not a pre-made kinda gal. By the way, I bought nothing for these cards. We pieced everything together from old materials around the house.

P.S. We made it on the Crafty Crow! :)

Getting started


Making fingerprint hearts


Once the hearts dried M painted on stems


After that was dry M drew on a swirl border


Then added glitter glue paint to the flower and stem


The front is complete. How adorable?!!?

wrote her name (I added the hearts to hid her name)<span class=

Added her sticker sentiments


Heart confetti in the card


Sticker on the front... ALL DONE


16 beautifully hand crafted Valentine's Day cards all ready for her party.



4 comments:

  1. Awwww... super cute!! M did such a great job -- she must be SO proud!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. Totally going to have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She made adorable cards! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute baby done a great job i really like it...
    Custom gift cards
    clear cards

    ReplyDelete